Sunday, May 4, 2008

I've said it, now I have to do it

I have made a promise to myself - scary huh? I am going to lose weight. I've said this before, but I want a new wardrobe, and my cheap self cannot justify it unless it is a necessity. Dropping a few sizes will justify it. Also the excessive walking I did in New Zealand kind of jump started me. I want this so maybe if I put it in writing and hold myself accountable I will be forced to do something about it.

I weigh 185 pounds. YES, I said 185 lbs and am a size 14. Although that is the size Marilyn Monroe wore, I don't want to wear it anymore. I don't feel fat, I'm tall so at least I'm proportioned. I still have a noticeable waist, I'm just thicker than I used to be. I want to lose 40 lbs, but will be happy just to get down to that lovely size 10 - an 8 would be perfect, but I will settle for the 10. I was a size 4 when I got married, but that and my perky you-know-whats are long behind me.

Here's where I need help. I need some ideas for more "fun" (is that even possible) exercises. I ran track back in the day, but my knees are shot and running won't be on the list. I will try to put walking into my rotation as well as biking. This is something I can do with the children over the summer. Sit-ups (oh, I might just start vomiting right now), push-ups, what else? Did I mention I'm not a big fan of exercising (or is it sweating I don't like)?

Anyone trying to do this? Has anyone had success at anything? Can you recommend a good plastic surgeon? HA!HA! I don't want to go on a diet really, just make more lifestyle changes like cutting out sodas and switching to whole grains and fresh/organic produce. I will take any advice you can give me. I am also going to do the Push-Up Throwdown that Krista did, maybe that will kick start me working on my core.

I've thrown it out there - now I have to do something. Pray I survive myself.

No comments: