Thursday, May 1, 2008

New Zealand Day 10: In need of a shower - again.

Well we were up until 11 o'clock packing for the trip back.  We began our day just 5 short hours later at were at the Wellington Airport at 4 am.  We hopped on a flight to Brisbane check this photo out from the plane.  It was really pretty.  Then from Brisbane to LAX.   We only got two seats to ourselves this time, so it wasn't as comfortable, but I have to say.  Quantas has the absolutely best service I've ever had on an airline.  SERIOUSLY.  If it is ever an option to fly Quantas I highly recommend them.  I also managed to get me some Sea Bands to help with the motion sickness - so much better than last time.  I won't ever get on a plane without them again.


In LA all the restaurants were closed due to health code violations - RATS.  Nice huh?  Customs was a breeze, but we had 3 gate changes before we got out of LA.  Due to the lack of food we were extremely hungry when we landed in DFW.   The boys greeted me with warm and very long hugs and kisses and claiming to have missed Mommy.  Mason took me straight to a restaurant and boy did that improve my mood.   

I had the most awesome time.  Pictures do not do the country justice.  It was beautiful, the food was wonderful.  It was great to see everyone.  Amy looked wonderful, the new baby is adorable.  Tom is growing into such a wonderful boy.  Brice is very lucky to have such a wonderful family.
Brandon and Lizzie are just getting started in the married life and expecting a baby, which is due on my birthday.  I'm excited about that.  Lizzie is a wonderful addition to the gang and I really like her.  Susan is looking wonderful and both Susan and Tony get a big THANK YOU! for letting us  stay and were wonderful hosts.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great trip and a good flight home.
Rats? You wouldn't have wanted to eat there anyways!

Dijea said...

I was pretty hungry though. Even the Burger King was closed. it was starbucks or nothing. Ya, hype me up on caffeine and then don't feed me, oh and then stick me in a metal tube high in the air.