Friday, November 30, 2007

4:45 is way to early to get up.

I was awakened at 4:45 this morning by the 4 year-old sleeping next to me barking like a seal. Yes, Hunter has the dreaded croup. He sounds awful, however the doctors say his lungs are totally clear and no, there is absolutely nothing we can do for him other than hot steamy showers.

I am not a morning person, but turning on the TV at 4:57 for H2 and listening to Noggin for an hour and a half and rolling out of bed at 6:30 to put him in a steamy shower, wake Mr. Big Shot to get ready for school & Mr. Husband, who looked rather cute sleeping in Hunter's bed, was not all that bad. We got through the morning without me having to ask anyone to do something twice, we got off to school on time (maybe even a little early), I even didn't feel like a total zombie on the drive to school. I'm not saying I want to get up before 5 on a regular basis, but maybe I need to re-adjust my time clock just a little bit, to make the morning run just a little bit smoother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Croup! How I have missed that....NOT!!
Sonny Boy was croupy for the first five or six years.
Barking like a seal is not fun.

He will outgrow it.

Michelle and the City said...

awe the croup is the worst. hope he's feeling a little better :)

thanks for stopping by my blog. i'm digging your list as well!