Thursday, November 1, 2007

Freak Out!! And not the disco song.

So I had a little freak-out today. I got an e-mail from my boss stating that the "Big Boss" was going to announce my "leaving the staff, eventually..." This should not really freak me out, because like I said in an earlier post, I gave my notice last summer. It doesn't help that my boss asked to have lunch next week. She wants to have lunch to talk about my exit strategy. Then I get the announcement e-mail and I feel like I'm about to be launched into the world of Real Estate Agent stuff before I'm really ready. (And hopefully not next Thursday!) Its not like I can't do the job, I've been writing contracts for the agents in the office for over a decade, its my mouth that gets me in trouble. That and my lack of confidence. I'm lucky that I work for such an awesome company (obviously because who would stay at a crappy job for 12 years?) they have been supportive, accommodating and they just are a great bunch of people from the BIG BOSSES on down. Its just change sucks! its stressful! its well, change!!

And all commission stuff is kind of scary. Its not like I'm raking in the dough working 13 hours a week, its just that 13 hours a week is going to look like a fortune next to no paycheck unless you sell something. Does anyone need to sell a house? Or buy? I'm available.

No comments: