Friday, June 29, 2007

I won the battle, but the war is still up for grabs.

I actually maintained my control this evening when my 6 year old decided to throw the mother of all tantrums. I kept my cool, didn't raise my voice once, walked away ever time he yelled louder. It worked, I was triumphant. Its not every day you jump for joy when you win the battle against a 6 year old, but today it was not easy.

He got upset because he lost the remote and couldn't change the channel and unfortunately decided to take it out on his little brother. He said Hunter was not helping him find it. I kept explaining to Mr. Ethan that it wasn't Hunter's job to find things he lost, but that went in one ear and out the other. It took a full 45 minute to get thru this tantrum, but I won. YEA!

The best part of all is that I video taped it, not only so I could show his dad how awful he behaved, but so he could see how ridiculous he looked when he was acting that way. Now if I could just figure out how to hook the camera to the TV.

No comments: