Sunday, June 10, 2007

A few less Xanax

I'm off to the folks tomorrow. There are good things and bad things about this.

I have to spend 5 hours in a car with two small children - this is not a good thing.

I have grandparents willing to babysit - this is a good thing.

I get to see my 86 year old grandma - this is a good thing. She's hip, very liberated in that she's cool with anyone lifestyle as long as they don't hurt people, however she watches Bill O'Reilly - that is not a good thing.

I get to see my Aunt Susan before she leaves to go home to New Zealand - this is a good thing. The fact that she says the trees and grass are sooo green and the sky is sooo blue - well, that's the comic relief for the week.

I don't get to see my husband for 4 1/2 days - bad for 4 1/2 days, but good when I get home. HEH. HEH. HEH. If ya know what I mean. Although he will probably forget to feed the cats, he will spend all day and all night playing video games and probably won't be as excited to see me come home because he will have to turn the A/C back to a decent temperature and turn the TV down.

I love my parents - I really do, however, my mother and I will have at least one disagreement regarding the pros and cons of pleated skirts (I'm definitely on the con side of this argument). In the end, I might come home with a tan, some good entries for the blog and a few less Xanax.

No comments: