Thursday, October 30, 2008

WARNING, Surgical and gross stuff update.

I handle blood well, seriously.  Cuts, scrapes, my son running thru a glass door.  I'm ok with it.   So is my husband.  Phlegm, that's another story.  I've had a little of it lately, but tonight during sick husband duty.  My husband started coughing up phlegm from the surgery and the tube, etc.

He barfed it up into a cup which I had to dump.  I barely made it to the toilet without up-chucking.  I love that my husband who couldn't pee at home without the door shut all of a sudden doesn't care if the world sees everything he has to offer - if you know what I mean.  I get to dispose of goop from his lungs, I've seen his beautiful backside hanging out of the back of his gown and I do have a picture of him walking down the hall with his walker and his cath bag hanging on said walker - but I will be holding that out for when he misbehaves.  So keep your eyes open.  It may show up here sometime.  

He is doing well and following directions.  He should be home tomorrow if he can get rid of his post-op fever.  Cross your fingers.  I can't wait to get pictures of him walking down the street with his walker.  HEHEHE!  Shhhh, don't tell.

I apologize if this doesn't exactly make sense.  Its late and I'm tired.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have lost it too!

Smirking Cat said...

That could be a picture for this year's Christmas cards, eh?

Unknown said...

LOL love the xmas card idea! :)

Yeah uh... it wouldve been a barf-o-rama at Casa de Unstable. I dont do "fluids" well...unless its one of the kids. Then the oogie part of my brain just shuts off or something I guess :)