Saturday, December 8, 2007

Mason is my hero.

Mason is done! Finished! He has graduated from school and now we have the actually pinning ceremony this afternoon. He starts his "real job" on Monday. Can there be any greater accomplishment? Its been hard, we've missed a lot of time together, between his school work, clinical rotations at night and them me working weekends. There was I think 3 months we only saw each other Sat/Sun/Mon from about 6 pm on. Yuck.

So we'll go to a normal schedule, I will stop working weekends as soon as I can get my replacements trained. Mason and I haven't been home together on weekends for over 7 years. What happens when the weekly trip to Target or the grocery store ends in divorce? We haven't done it in a long time, what if we don't know how? Maybe I should still go by myself. Maybe it will mean 4 years of therapy. Coffee's ready, got to wake up.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats to Mason and to the whole fam....cuz really, you ALL did it! :)

heather said...

Hi, I have parents who sound like you. But if you keep working at it and talk you should get some where. If you really love him and if he really loves you...what can break you up?

Anonymous said...

There will be times of "adjustment" but I'm sure with good communication you will get your new life going in a good way!!