Monday, April 28, 2008

New Zealand Day 4: Hysterical Giggles & Dribbles


Day 4 we hiked to Butterfly Creek.  I may have touched on this in an earlier post, but we walked up a mountain - they call it a hill, but it was a mountain, trust me.  It was suppose to take 1 hour & 20 minutes, but it took a lot longer.  I'm not sure if that was because we were out of shape, or my mother decided we had to take pictures every 30 feet or so.  



Anyhow, we made it to Butterfly Creek (that is up a mountain and back down) and sat down to eat our lunch.  All was going well, the tastey sandwiches were yummy.  We were eating dessert, when Honey - a young golden Lab - came by and ate mother's dessert.  We all laughed so hard we couldn't talk or breathe, however I think my sister wet her pants - or maybe just "dribbled" a little.  


My sister and I took off for our Aunt's a different direction on the way home (that would be over the mountain and back down again), it was dark, humid and the trail was very narrow in places, but we made it and this time in the allotted time so I think it was the picture taking that took so long the first time.  

My legs hurt, my kness hurt, everything hurt, but I got some absolutely beautiful pictures.

No comments: