Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Move over Wolfgang Puck - Dijea's here.

OK so on my birthday my fabulous co-workers got me a gift certificate to Central Market and today I spent it. I bought beautiful 1 1/2 inch filets, fresh herbs, mushrooms, green beans, other stuff, a couple of bottles of red wine, made from organic grapes, and an angel food cake and tons of strawberries, black berries & raspberries for dessert.

I took those beautiful $35/lb filets and slathered them with a paste I made from fresh organic chives, fresh garlic and olive oil and I let that sit under plastic wrap for about 30 minutes. When you grill them they get a nice blackened herb crust that is oh so good. I made garlic mashed potatoes and fresh green beans. I also marinated some mushrooms in red wine and sauteed them for the steak. I poured myself a glass of wine and we set down to eat.

YUM! It was almost orgasmic. It seems that lately I really don't enjoy cooking because it seems that I am no longer creative enough to make something different. But today I felt inspired and it was absolutely worth every extra calorie I ate. I highly recommend you to do that soon.

No comments: