Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I've been working in the Garden!


All morning long, I have been working in my little, but very productive garden. Its about 15 feet long & 2 or 3 feet wide. This summer it provided me with potatoes, squash & okra. This fall & maybe some winter (its not always freezing here in Texas) it will keep me in lettuce, spinach and broccoli. I can here the yippees from here about the broccoli.

I have incorporated 1 1/2 bags of organic compost into the garden for nutrients and to replace some of the soil that has disappeared over the last year and after one more good turning, I will put the seeds into the ground. There is nothing more satisfying than a job well done. It also helps me eat a little healthier and maybe it will help me lose a few pounds if I eat all this salad. Ya baby.

1 comment:

Farrah said...

I love broccoli! I also love that you can garden in the fall & winter!