Friday, August 15, 2008

I'm home.

I came home today from 5 days in San Antonio with my parents and grandma.  The kids had a great time, I think my parents were thankful to see us leave and enjoy the quiet.  Grandma just loves company.  

I enjoyed 5 hours of whining kids in the car, nasty 18-wheeler traffic and a lovely rain shower in which I could only see about 10 feet in front of me.  Lucky for me I was in the middle of road construction and had a 3 foot concrete barrier to keep me on the road.  Whoo Hoo!!!

I then got home to find cat barf on my bed, I am now on load 3 of laundry, but I do have clean sheets on the bed and the felines are already shedding on the bed - I haven't even gotten to get in yet.  

My children asked for dessert after a rather unappealing thrown together dinner, but due to the fact that there is nothing in the kitchen and the refrigerator is in the garage, I told them to just get in their beds.   (The remodel is almost done - Thank God!)

I JUST WANT A LITTLE QUIET!    

Is that too much to ask?  Thankfully it only took me about 90 minutes to get them quiet, so I've had an hour to myself and I've done a little catching up on the blogs I haven't managed to get to in the last week.  And I have work to look forward to tomorrow.  Work itself is great, I just once want to not have to be anything but Dijea, not mother, not wife, not worker, not anything but me.

2 comments:

Abby said...

Sounds like a fun time..lol...I can totally sympathize with the cat barf. I just rented a scrubber and scrub our carpets, the next day I woke up and right at the bottom of the step on my clean carpet was puke...My 3 year old was screaming, "MOMMY poofy tail puked, she puked!!!" Poofy tail is our cat by the way.

nicole antoinette said...

I want that too. So much.