Monday, August 4, 2008

I had way too much fun.

I did something totally outside my comfort zone today and had the most fun.  I met with fellow blogger Spookyrach and had dinner and perused a cemetery.  That probably sounds strange to some of you, but she like cemeteries and I had been needing an excuse to go to this one and "check it out". 

We had dinner first and then sweated in the 100+++++ degree heat in the oldest Catholic Cemetery in town.  We had a great time and I feel like I didn't do anything silly and embarrassing. (We all know I'm pretty much socially inept.)

I took some great pictures, I'll leave it to Rach to post the good ones she took on her "Friday Cemetery Blogging" however here's favorite from my camera.

3 comments:

spookyrach said...

I had a great time! You are totally not socially inept - ha ha!

The food was to die for, the cemetery one of the best I've been to in a long while and the company was familiar and fun!

It was a great blind date, I'd say! I hope to be able to do it again next time I come your way! (Although, I must admit I got two ant bites and I'm hoping my next trip is in the dead of WINTER!)

Unknown said...

I wanna go next time!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, no - it's not strange, at all!

I love cemetaries

I grew up in a setting only Steven King could love: Seriously next to an old (unused.) church with a very scary appearance AND it's attached grave yard. Seriously, it was my parents front yard. This is, mind you, in Vermont. So, gothic and spooky are a given, here.

But, I was an only child so I played in there all the time. My play - dates always revolved around playing in the grave yard, too.

I contributed to my morbid fascination for all things, well, morbid, but que sera, sera. This is who I am.

Grave yards are great and they never complain about the noise.

Louise
http:/louiselarsen.blogspot.com/)