Monday, June 22, 2009

Too bad I didn't have my camera.

I just had the most amazing evening. After The Husband cooked fajitas for dinner I quickly changed clothes and went for a walk. The first two miles were a nasty sweaty hot mess, but I worked it good. Mile 3 was OK nice starting to cool off and I got a nice 1/2 mile in the shade and the next 1/2 mile was relaxing and over a bridge with a beautiful view. It wasn't until I hit the last two miles of the walk that it got so fabulous.

What is so fabulous you ask? Besides me typing this when I should be showering the stank off me. The most incredible sight of the sun.

It wasn't one of those incredible sunsets full of color that makes you think the earth is going to burst into flames. No, first the lake was covered in sailboats. And the boats glowed with the orange of the sun. Then, the building across the lake lit up like the tombstones in the Ansel Adams photograph. Then the last mile after the sun went behind the trees. Everything was the most amazing color. The water looked like a mosaic of only peach and blue dots. There was a mother duck and her ducklings. The ducklings were so small they had to be "just hatched". The breeze kicked in and dropped the temp about 5 degrees and the last 1/4 mile the water turned more grey/blue with just a touch of sunlight here and there. It was a truly beautiful end to the day.

2 comments:

Flutterby said...

And you did not have your camera handy of course...? Being there last week reminded me the one thing I hated about living there... the frigging humidity and heat. I felt like I spent 9 days in a sauna, lol.

Better with a Bow said...

I think your description was just as beautiful for me as the evening was for you. Thank you for the wonderful moment.