Tuesday, June 2, 2009

So apparently my husband does everything

Last night when my husband came home I jumped in my workout clothes and drove down to the lake. I walked a little over 5 miles the last mile or so was well, exhausting. I came home to him cooking dinner - so I got in the shower, then in my nightgown (yes, it was before 7 pm) and got in bed to "rest". I was tired after a hot 5 miles.

He also emptied the dishwasher while making dinner. He had the kids call me in for dinner. I ate, then went right back to bed. The kids followed quickly to "cuddle". AWE!! They wanted to cuddle with me. How glowy and love did this mommy feel.

Then in came The Husband: What's going on in here? You just leave me to clean up after I cook dinner? Jeez, I have to do everything.

None of us got up. Not one. Then I had the gall to ask him to make the kids lunches this morning and I heard it again. I wonder how long I can leave the laundry?

5 comments:

phairhead said...

awwww make him suffer!!

Flutterby said...

It totally ticks me off when my hubby does things around the house then has the nerve to act like he's forced to do it. I always do the cooking... he almost always cleans up after me. *But* I have NEVER EVER just assumed he was going to do it. I usually start cleaning up and he will come in and say "I'll do this..." And hey... am I STOOPID?? Of COURSE I am going to let him.

Smirking Cat said...

Men are such martyrs when they lift a finger, aren't they?

bARE-eYED sUN said...

this was cute.

:-)

..
.ero

Kate said...

What a great guy! But more importantly. what a lot of big and wonderful changes in your life recently! I think *you're* great too!