Thursday, June 18, 2009

I should never participate in a drug trial.

EXCUSE ME, I THINK I'M WIRED WRONG!

You probably think I'm exaggerating don't you? Well I'm not and I'll tell you why. I feel like I could fall asleep standing up. Seriously. I am exhausted. My eyes are burning, I just want to close my eyes and go to sleep. The problem is that when I do that, my brain decides to turn on. No train of though last longer than 30 seconds. Except when I get a food craving and we don't have it in the pantry. I can drink coffee and go to sleep. Yes, extra caffeine will immediately send me off to sleep. My best sleep is after breakfast with about 3 or 4 cups of coffee on a Saturday morning.

And don't get me started on medicines.

Benadryl - makes me WIDE AWAKE and makes me rock back and forth like an autistic child and my skin crawls.

That nasty stuff that is suppose to make you stay awake that's in decongestants - will turn me into a zombie not quite asleep, but the walking dead. Drooling. If it doesn't contain that thing that starts with a p - it wires me out to where I talk so fast if you were my employer you would send me to be drug tested.

Vicodin/Oxycontin (or any other narcotic I've been prescribed for pain) WIDE AWAKE. You would think after taking a baby out of my abdomen or a chunk out of my boob, that I would have welcomed pain meds and gone to sleep. No instead I'm a wired mess and wide awake.

The medicine that's suppose to help with RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) that makes you go to sleep makes me grind my teeth into dust.

If its suppose to make you sleep, it keeps me awake. If its suppose to dull the pain, it makes my skin crawl. If its suppose to take the edge off its like sucking on a lifesaver.

1 comment:

JD at I Do Things said...

Are we long-lost twins? I have exactly the same reaction to these medications. Altho, when I first started taking Vicodin, it did make me feel sleepy. Now? I have to take ANOTHER pill if I want to sleep. Oh, pills. Why must you torture us so?