Sunday, August 5, 2007

Here Kitty, Kitty

I have two cats, Zelda, who is old and won't come in during the summer unless its raining because its too cold for her in the house; and Turco, the predator. Turco likes to sleep on the bed but for some reason is ready to go outside at 4 o'clock in the morning. Its definitely a sleep disruptor.

As I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I noticed Turco head for the backdoor, to stop me from having to get up again I decided to go let the cat out now instead of later.

At about 4 or 5 o'clock this morning I was awakened to "Screech, Screech, Screech" not quiet sure I wasn't dreaming I tried to settle back down and again, "Screech, Screech, Screech." At this point after watching Zodiac last night I was sure someone or something was being murdered outside my bedroom window, I woke up my husband.

"Did you hear that? Mason, did you hear that?"

"No, What?"

"Listen." "Screech, Screech, Screech"

"HUH?"

"Screech, Screech, Screech!"

Then, "Meow!"

Oh great, the cat caught another something - another dead something to clean up on the side of the house. Mason and I just groaned, rolled over and went back to sleep.

We never found anything on the side of the house and the neighbors hadn't come to tell us they had to pick up a dead animal, maybe it got away. Or worse, he will throw it up this evening in the house. I'm already starting to gag.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

hahaha...this is why I don't have a cat.