Thursday, September 17, 2009

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgh! Wake up People

I was cleaning out my closet and found my soapbox. I don't often get up on said soapbox and rant and rave, but I just got off the phone with my grandma and well, it pissed me off. Not her, the media. My grandmother is 88 years old. She's pretty much house bound and gets everything she hears from TV. She believes everything she hears and ugh! I blame the media.

SHOCK JOURNALISM IS NOT GOOD. IT BREEDS HATE. IT GIVES FALSE IMPRESSIONS. IT TERRORIZES PARENTS.

I could go on and on and on. In the 60's, 70's and 80's you didn't hear about every single child abduction. I'm not saying that as parents we don't need to be worried, teach "stranger danger" or anything else, but the media scare the living daylights out of parents so that it seems kidnappers are on every street corner.

I've got kids running around my neighborhood with pellet guns shooting at other kids and mine. Because called the police (Is it wrong to rat out kids who behave this way?) the kid is now threatening to and I quote "barge into your house and beat the crap out of you, and your stuff." Violence breeds violence. I don't think many would disagree with me on that subject. So why does everything have to be so dang violent. We see nothing but the bad on National News, CNN, Fox. One channel criticizing another. Even in our government its all about power and knocking the other guy off the thrown. It disgusts me.

What really pissed me off is this new healthcare bill. While I agree there is a problem. The thought that the government is going to fine my family if we don't have healthcare is absolutely ridiculous. A while back I was employed, but due to rising childcare costs, I had to resign because I would have paid more for childcare over the summer than I made in salary. This month my husband's salary got cut by 30% - THIRTY PERCENT. With 2 unbreakable car leases and the company insurance for the whole family 1300 a month (I gave mine up so we are only spending $700 now) and no salary from me, and 30% less of a salary from my husband. We won't be able to afford healthcare. My husband has found another job, but healthcare won't be available for 3 to 6 months. I still won't have money in addition to our regular bills to pay for other healthcare until then. In an economic crisis - how can you fine people for not getting healthcare? Pray my kids don't get sick. Seriously.

I could rant, rave and but all it will do is raise my blood pressure. The problem is not getting healthcare - its having the insurance companies do what they are suppose to.

OH, and I have one thing to say to President Obama: Please be a better role model and refrain from using words like "Jackass" in public and with all this healthcare stuff going on you should really quit smoking. My kids commented the other day when they saw a picture of you "Look there is Obama with a cigarette, doesn't he know how stupid that is? Its gonna kill him." This from the mouth of an 8 year old.

Thank you for letting me rant - its cheaper than a therapist.

No comments: