I have this lovely lovely person in my office - oh and by the way she's lost 3 inches in her waist - me I ate all the candy that my friend G left in my drawer at work, so I've basically screwed myself of all the calories that I worked of on Thursday during my walk. Any way this awesomely wonderful girl, calls me today and says she's been reading my blog and tells me I'm so funny.
You realize that I have to post something funny - the problem is when you try to fail. Miserably. So in honor of me failing to be funny I'm going to post a link to the funniest blog post in the history of the universe (well, at least July). Jan - read this......
Thursday, August 25, 2011
I'm calling myself out - the kids went back to school and I'm still not exercising. I'm still carrying the pregnancy weight from my youngest child and since he's hit 3rd grade, I probably need to get off my butt and quit talking about it. The problem?
- i'm on the wrong side of 40
I could go on and on and on, but that's not really an excuse. I'm sucking it up and I'm off to walk at least 4 miles. Well, as soon as I finish my coffee.
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
No that is not a typo - it was 110 degrees here today. It was 109 yesterday and tomorrow it is going to be 111. So if you don't live in a place that sees this kind of weather let me tell you what you should do.
STAY INSIDE AND READ, POST TOO MUCH RIDICULOUS THINGS ON FACEBOOK INCLUDING THE 7 DAY WEATHER OUTLOOK OR WATCH TOO MUCH BAD TV.
Well, I've done 2 of the 3, I will start #3 as soon as I'm done here. Unfortunately this is NOT what I did today. Here's what I did and whether it was smart or not.
- Drank hot coffee with breakfast even though it was already 95 degrees outside. SMART, see caffeine.
- Took a shower & washed my hair. NOT SMART, drying your hair causes you to sweat and need another shower.
- Take your child to the eye doctor & spend 3 hours in the office. BOTH. Smart, because H2 needs his eyes checked, Not-smart because when we got into the car it read 119 degrees.
- Going to a cemetery to take pictures of tombstones for find-a-grave at 4:45 in 109 degree weather. You can figure this out, but the kids behaved pretty darn good in the funeral home & luckily the graves were in an air-conditioned mausoleum so not to bad.
- Water the yard. NOT SMART. See moving the water & the yard is already hay.